Caring For Fabric Shoes
While fabric shoes are a little more of a challenge to keep clean, there are several things that you can do to keep them looking great for years!
- Lightly brush dirt and debris away using a light colored horsehair, or soft nylon brush.
- Gently wipe with a damp, lint-free cloth.
- Light dirt spots can be removed using Club Soda, seltzer water, or soda water and a toothbrush. Wipe to remove excess water and air dry. You can avoid water marks by "chasing" wet patches with a damp cloth.
- Heavier marks and/or stains can be removed using International Professional Fabric Shoe Cleaner or Scotchgard fabric cleaner.
- Dyeable satin shoes that have been dyed should be fixed with a fabric protectant spray such as Scotchgard or International Professional Fabric Shoe Cleaner before attempting any cleaning or dry cleaning.
- Always test any new cleaning method used with fabric shoes in an inconspicuous place on the shoes first.
For more shoe care information see: